Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Watching Films in China

After watching Coco, my daughter asked me to rank my favorite kids' movies. Below are my systematic rankings and hers. Asian themed films are clearly on the rise, especially since I was introduced late in life to Japanese anime, somewhat surprising, only Miyazaki made the list.
Personally I didn't care for Coco, though I like ancestor veneration, didn't care for the animation or the story, aside from reconnecting father and daughter and emphasis on extended family ties. 

Image result for totoro
My Favorite Animated Movies (modern)
1. My Neighbor Totoro
2. Big Hero 6
3. Moana
4. Princess Mononoke
5. Kubo and the Two Strings
6. Song of the Sea
7. Inside Out
8. Zootopia
9. Mulan
10. Kiki's Delivery Service
11. Kung Fu Panda
12. Beauty and the Beast
13. Frozen
14. Finding Nemo
15. A Bug's Life
16. Lion King
17. Chicken Run
18. Howl's Moving Castle
19. Aladdin
20. Incredibles

Maitreya's Favorites
Tier 1: Moana, Lion King, Chicken Run, Pocahontas, Nausicaa
Tier 2: Kubo, Song of the Sea, Secret Life of Pets, Mulan, Kung Fu Panda, Totoro, Ponyo, Zootopia, Incredibles, A Bug's Life
Tier 3: Inside Out, Aladdin, Coco

No comments:

Post a Comment